Friday, April 3, 2020

Hunter- Project 3, Idea 2

For this idea, I was thinking of making a video collage of the different types of moving water found along Florida. This would include waves, water ripples, streams, trickles, drops, etc. I would find these within oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, rain, and puddles. I love documenting the movement of water- how light is absorbed and reflected, how water moves in slow motion, the power and buoyancy it provides for movement and flotation, and how restless water can be when stimulated. Water is a source of life, along with light (usually), and I think it would be really interesting to mash up different videos of the varying water sources we have in Florida (that we have access to during quarantine) and piece them together regardless of different sizes, durations and colors. I attached some videos I’ve taken since Sean announced project 3, just in case I want to utilize them for the final project. I am thinking of maybe taking anywhere from 10-50 videos of water from all different angles, distances, movements and speeds to collab together. I would definitely want to make most of them slow motion or timelapses to emphasize the waters movement. The objective of this project would be to talk about “remaining fluid and in a state of movement when seemingly stuck in stagnant conditions” (metaphor comparing our current human condition to how water remains stagnant until it is acted upon by outside forces- gravity, energy, wind, physical force (humans, animals, objects), etc




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, it is not posting the actual videos...only thumbnails of the videos. One is slow motion water moving in a water pocket and the other is a time lapse of water moving along the lake at sunset.

    ReplyDelete

I'd also like to share my Time-Lapse of plant growth that I made for my thesis exhibition. In order to allow the viewers to observe t...