Friday, April 3, 2020

Hunter- Project 3, Idea #1

I recently came across a tree branch/ stump that would be PERFECT for this project (photos attached below)! I returned home to the Panhandle and have been spending a lot of time outside in the back yard and the lake area. It is weird being confined to one area,  but luckily I have access to a lot of outdoor area with plant life and water. I am wanting to possibly use this tree branch to recreate a “tree of life” by bringing it back to life with found objects. Maybe using dead leaves (leaves of all kinds) that I find around me on my daily walk  and refastening them to the tree branches to “bring it back to life”. Or maybe finding any object that once belonged to something alive- snail shells, feathers, bones, leaves, etc and hanging them from the limbs of the dead branch. Or maybe fastening small live plants that I find around me and hanging them in little pots form the tree branches? I do not have a solid idea as to what I am trying to talk about conceptually with this piece, however I feel as if it has great potential to fit within the parameters of the project specifications and utilizing the area around me with found natural objects. Any suggestions are appreciated!! I also included some pictures of the area I’m referring to, and a few found objects...unfortunately they are out of order but included are the tree branch I found, written ideas/project plans, my backyard at the lake and a snail shell I found.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd also like to share my Time-Lapse of plant growth that I made for my thesis exhibition. In order to allow the viewers to observe t...