Tuesday, April 21, 2020

I'd also like to share my Time-Lapse of plant growth that I made for my thesis exhibition.

In order to allow the viewers to observe the most import aspect, which is the growth of the plants, I installed a camera to record the life cycle over 10 weeks. 3 times a day, pictures were taken of a small growth chamber holding 4 olla vessels. These vessels were made up of the brown clay body and bush bean seeds. Over the course of 10 weeks: germination, sprouts, rooting, flowering, fruiting, and finally decay took place. The importance of the time lapse was for viewers to better visualize the process of growth beyond the represented objects.
It’s not often that one observes the full cycle of a life form, acknowledging every moment of the plant’s movement, and wondering what next. This work speaks of ephemerality, the narration of a seed, the autonomy of the plant, the journey of growth and decay, the relationship to the land, the domestication of plants for food, as well as the domestication of the vessel for agriculture.
-Jacque Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd also like to share my Time-Lapse of plant growth that I made for my thesis exhibition. In order to allow the viewers to observe t...